Cookies help us offer the best shopping experience on our website. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies. The learn more about what cookies we use and why, please read our cookie policy

Number Plates

We make number plates is registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) to supply standard UK number plates. We only make number plates that comply with UK law as set by the DVLA.

Green Number Plates

Green number plates have been launched by the Department for Transport and can be used on all-electric vehicles (EV).

Owning a green number plate helps make a zero-emission vehicle easily identifiable. As a result, it'll be easier to take advantage of local government initiatives such as cheaper parking and free entry into zero-emission zones.

They will consist of a green flash on the left-hand side of the plate and can be combined with the Union flag and national identifiers already permitted by the regulations.

The new number plates can be retro-fitted to any existing vehicles, including cars, vans, buses, HGVs, taxis and motorcycles as long as they emit no CO2 emissions at the tailpipe.

You will still need to supply ID and entitlement documents as per DVLA regulations.

For more information please visit:

How much do number plates cost?

Our number plates start from £14.99. There are a number of options for customizing your plate and still keeping within the bounds of the law, such as choosing your GB logo.

How to order number plate?

Simply call into one of our stores and order your number plate at our sales counter. One of our sales team will make your plate for you while you wait, which normally only takes about 5-10 minutes. Please be aware we will need to see ID and a proof of entitlement document (a list of acceptable forms of ID and entitlement documents can be found below). By law, we have to see these documents before we can make any plates.

Can plates be ordered online or over the phone?

Unfortunately no. By law, we can only make number plates after we have seen your ID and proof of entitlement (see below). But please give us a call if you have any questions about having a number plate made or any questions about your ID or entitlement documents.

Why do we need to see ID and entitlement documents?

As a registered number plate supplier, we are required to follow the DVLA regulations in supplying road legal number plates. Part of those regulations mean we have to see original documents for proof of ID and entitlement (see below). For more information, please read DVLA: INF104 Vehicle registration numbers and number plates

Why do other suppliers make plates without requiring any documents?

Any number plates purchased either online or in store without the need to provide any ID or proof of entitlement, is not a UK road legal plate. These plates are classed as 'show plates' and though they may be of similar specifications as legal plates, they are illegal to use on the road. Any motorist driving with a non-legal number plate could face fines of up to £1000 and cause their vehicle to fail an MOT. For more information please see the governments regulations for Displaying Number Plates

How long have we been making number plates?

We have been supplying number plates for the Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Enfield, Hoddesdon, Harlow, Hertford and Ware areas for over 35 years. We currently have the latest laser printing technology so we can offer the highest quality of plate. All of our sales staff are trained and fully qualified to make road legal plates.

Acceptable Forms of ID

Your ID must be the ORIGINAL document, we cannot accept photocopies.

  • driving licence
  • utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months
  • bank or building society statement from the last 6 months
  • passport (doesn't have to be issued in the UK)
  • national identity card
  • bank or building society debit or credit card
  • police warrant card
  • armed forces identity card

Acceptable Proof of Entitlement Documents

Your Proof of Entitlement must be the ORIGINAL document, we cannot accept photocopies.

  • vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
  • new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
  • certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
  • retention document (V778) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
  • a renewal reminder for a tax disc or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
  • temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
  • a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) or Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
  • a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate